Sunday 4 January 2015

Running in circles: Janathon day 4

I had a bit of a late night last night and today's Janathon effort could quite easily be the mile and a half run-walk from the pub to home in my heels to be back before midnight for the babysitter (we were 10 mins late).

I had, however, made sketchy plans to run 9 miles later in the morning. Waking up at 9am to thick fog and icy conditions made my decision easy: no running until the afternoon (giving me several hours to rehydrate also).

By 4pm I was ready to run, but it was going dark so my plan to run up hills in Baldock was foiled. (What. A. Shame.) I plotted a route around my town that comprised two 3 mile loops and two 1.5 mile loops.

My aim was to take the pace easy (between 9:30 and 10 min/mile pace) and I managed that, finishing 9 miles in 1 hour 27 mins. Very pleased with that, although I have blisters from my heel-dash so now my feet are sore :(

No comments:

Post a Comment