Thursday 1 January 2015

Janathon day 1: 8 miles, easy pace

Happy New Year!

I might have mentioned once or twice that I'm running the London Marathon this year; the race is on April 26th, so just 114 days to go.

I started thinking about training plans before Christmas, and I downloaded one from HalHigdon.com to have a look at, which worked out to start on December 23rd. I've ignored it so far, I don't want to overdo training this time so I'll begin training properly at the end of January.

Since December 23rd this is what I've done as training:

Dec 24th: 4.5 miles easy
Dec 27th: 6.5 miles, slow on hills
Dec 30th: 2.75 miles, hard but not fast, on the treadmill

I missed an 8 mile run during that week, so I decided I'd do that today. I took it at an easy pace, and felt fine while out running. My hips started to ache during the last mile but I knew that was just down to not doing long distances since mid November. I was quite pleased to average 9:20 min/mile pace, and to finish faster than I started.










No comments:

Post a Comment