Tuesday 25 June 2013

Juneathon day 25: running with my kids

Last Sunday my kids nagged me for hours to take them out for a run. I very reluctantly obliged, and we ran-walked for 1.5 miles. Today, I decided to test their enthusiasm and take them out again, after school. 

We ran-walked as we did before, and covered the same distance in the same time. But we also had time to say hello to the ducks and have a few goes on the zip wire. Yay for the park :)

In the evening I took the run-walking beginners group at club, we covered 2.5 miles and ran for about 7-8 minute stretches, with a minute walk in between. 

Then the quick dash to Pilates. Tonight was "back to basics" and it was so relaxing I almost fell asleep. My favourite exercise tonight was the shoulder bridge with squishy ball between my knees. If you do Pilates (and are female) you will possibly understand why that's enjoyable. Or maybe it's just me. *ahem*

It's the last Pilates class for 2 weeks, so next week I'll be back at both running club sessions :)

No comments:

Post a Comment