Monday 17 June 2013

Juneathon day 17: quick run before school

On Mondays my training plan always says "intervals". I rarely do intervals though, I simply don't have enough time to run for longer than 20 minutes. 

So after work and before school pickup, I headed out for possibly my shortest ever Juneathon run! 1.5 miles in 14 minutes. Lovely and quick at first glance, but the first 0.75 miles included a walk through chest-high nettles that suddenly engulfed me on an uncharted footpath. So the last half of the run was at least 8 minute pace. 

Tonight I've been at a school meeting supporting a friend who wants to organise a trail marathon to raise money for school. I was the running club rep to reassure school that we have members who will help. Looks exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment