Wednesday 8 May 2013

Wednesday 8th May: super 8 circuits

Tonight was Super 8s. Just saying "super 8s" to anyone who goes to Pete's circuit class is enough to have people reaching for the "delete booking" button. That's why he springs the session on us.

In a nutshell, there are 2 sets of circuits with 4 exercises in each: press ups, squats, crunches, and star jumps; and bicep curls, hamstring curls, bicycle crunches, and squat jumps. We do 12 reps of each exercise in the set (24 bicycle crunches) and repeat for 8 minutes. And each set is done twice. Still with me?

It's so hard on the arms, the press ups alone are a killer, but bicep curls just add to the woe. Legs are also in agony, burning from squats and squat jumps, and then it's hard to maintain form on hamstring curls.

Today I managed (I think!):

(7x12) + (5x12) press ups
(6x12) + (5x12) squats
(6x12) + (5x12) crunches
(6x12) + (4x12) star jumps

(5x12) + (5x12) bicep curls
(4x12) + (5x12) hamstring curls
(4x12) + (5x12) bicycle crunches
(4x12) + (4x12) squat jumps

I can already feel that my shoulders are aching, my triceps and biceps are a bit shaky. And the backs of my legs are also sore (could be running related though!)

No comments:

Post a Comment