Wednesday 24 April 2013

Wednesday April 24: return to circuits

I've not done any training for almost a week, and no circuit training for over 2 weeks, so I was a bit nervous about tonight.

First though, swimming. Took my children to their lessons and had a quick 15 minute swim myself. Managed 14 lengths, which is 450 metres. I didn't push today though.

Next, circuits. Layout was 4x4, with every "4" repeated (so 8x4 really). Started with side planks, jogging, and inverted row; next, ab curls, star jumps, tricep dips, and lunges; then Russian twists, calf raises, kettlebell swing (16 kg), and bicep curls; finally, skipping, press ups, back extensions, and plank.

Focused on technique tonight rather than progression or speed, but was pleased to discover I hadn't lost that much fitness.

Exhausting. Sweating profusely from jogging onwards. Really must remember to take a towel... But I burnt 300 odd calories at circuits and around 100 swimming, not too shabby.

I've started logging food and exercise on myfitnesspal again, and I've lost 3lb so it's definitely useful.

No comments:

Post a Comment