Friday 26 April 2013

Thursday 25th April: lethargic legs

Back to running club tonight, chest has finally cleared, so it was a tentative "see how I am/blowing cobwebs" sort of run.

Began with a 2 mile run-walk with three ladies just starting out running. We ran 2 minutes and walked a minute. Route was lovely, along the River Ivel. Felt good and it was great warm up.

The advanced group run was the first mile time trial of the year; we do these to get an idea where runners are and to gauge improvement. On the mile warm up to the start of the trial I started to feel slow and shaky. I wasn't sure if it was nerves or lethargy, but by the time we arrived to start I didn't feel up to anything. Since a lot of runners didn't know the route, I offered to act as "halfway marker". Managed 7:21 pace for the half mile, then 7:50 on the way back. Definitely wasn't up to a sprint.

No comments:

Post a Comment