Monday 25 November 2013

MK Marathon: week 3 training plan

This week's training plan. I've already ticked off my 12 mile long run (which I did on Saturday...).

Sunday (Week 3)
12 mile run

Monday
Circuits (AM)

We did a Tabata workout. There were 8 stations in total:
  1. bicycle crunches
  2. skipping
  3. press ups
  4. jogging on the spot
  5. squats
  6. ab curls
  7. star jumps
  8. lunges
We did each exercise 8 times for 20 seconds, with 10 seconds rest in between. Similar to High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT). After each station we had a 2 minute rest, and after the 4th station we had a longer rest. I burnt 300 calories so it was definitely a good workout! Might do this again on Friday because it doesn't need equipment (skipping can be done with an "imaginary rope"!)

Tuesday
Running club (PM); my plan says 1K intervals, I'm not sure that's right!

Wednesday
Tempo run (AM); planning to do my 6 mile Strava segment tempo run
Pilates (PM)

Thursday
Running club (PM); plan says 5 miles, will do whatever everyone wants to do

Friday
Rest day (or Tabata workout)

Saturday
Week 4's long run, 10 miles (cutback week)


No comments:

Post a Comment