Saturday 31 August 2013

Saturday speedwork

Had a spare 30 minutes this morning while I waited for the family to sort themselves out, so I decided to go for a run. Set my Garmin 110 to 0.25 mile auto-lap and alternated slow/fast laps. It's a good way to do speedwork without having to map out distances or run up a hill.

Slow sections were run between 9:10 and 9:30 min/mile, fast sections were between 7:20 and 7:35 min/mile. Really pleased to achieve 6 reps of 400 m intervals and cover 5K in 26:40.

Felt really comfortable during the run, I was pleased I could maintain 7:30s and the recoveries helped keep tiredness at bay. Could probably have run a bit faster but I'd just had breakfast so didn't want to push too hard...

The fast 5K time has made me wonder whether to approach my next 10K race with a similar strategy, perhaps I'll try 0.5 mile intervals next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment