Wednesday 24 January 2018

Dusty, fusty, rusty

It's been a while.

My last post was a week before I ran VMLM. I ran it in 4 hours and 27 minutes, which was pretty impressive considering I walked a good 3 miles (miles 20 to 23) and didn't train well. I swore I would never run another marathon, and 3 years later I haven't run further than 10 miles in one go, so I did keep that promise to myself.

After a few years of running for enjoyment rather than training, I'm now back challenging myself. Last year a friend convinced me to join her Thunder Run team, so that is my challenge for 2018. Thunder Run is a 24 hour relay race of a 10K course in teams of 8 people.

I last ran a 10K race in October (Standalone), managing to scrape under an hour but with some walking, so one aim for this year is to run 10K non-stop. I've so far managed a 7 mile run-walk and a 4.7 mile non-stop run, so the potential is there.

Coming to the end of January 2018, I've managed just over 100 km distance on foot (walking and running) earning myself a Virtual Runner medal. I've also (so far) completed all except 2 days of Janathon without injury except sore hamstrings and a feeling of constant tiredness.

No comments:

Post a Comment